18 February 2011

I can post on here? What? The EJE's first rant about life!

After reading other posts, I have discovered that WE CAN POST RANDOM BLOG POSTS ON HERE! Amazing, isn't it? So, I have decided that I will rant on here... I mean, fill the audience with musical information that will totally prove useful.

Have you ever attempted to write a song? It doesn't matter if it was serious or not. If you have, you'd know... IT'S REALLY HARD. I have been all angtsy and teenagerish recently because... well... I'm a teenage girl who is sad. And because I am so... awesome... I am filled with angry lyrics and I hate poetry with a passion. So what do I resort to? Banging on the piano trying to come out with something that doesn't sound like poop. And then I tried picking up my guitar to play sad songs that were already written to find that if I played a D chord, it would sound like crap. So I tuned my guitar to find it was pretty much perfect. SO I tried again, and once again, I failed. I kept thinking, "OMG how am I going to be angsty teen who puts her angry/sad/ohemgee-I-cannot-believe-you feelings into songs if I can't play a freaking D chord?!" I figured out that if I was trying to play whatever note the third fret on the B string is (which happens to be in the D chord), it would fail.

So I went back to the piano, pressed out some notes that I was able to sing, and wrote some angry lyrics. Then, I locked them away where no one can find them except for the one girl who knows my password. Now the world will never hear them, unless I become some internationally acclaimed superstar. Then I'll release my terrible song that was written because I didn't feel any angry song accurately described my sadness.

Thank you for possibly reading my rant before my group members take this down! (If they choose to.) Also, don't judge me because I can't play any instruments and I like to write crappy songs when I'm angry -.-

- The Estonian Jumping Elephant

12 comments:

  1. As a devout follower of this lovely blog, I would like to say that your group members are strange if they plan on taking this down. And I'm sorry you're having trouble playing a D chord. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Don't think they will, but they'll probably be like, "Really EJE? It's not really about music."

    - EJE

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a devout follower? Sweet.

    And EJE, why on Earth would be take down a lovely ranting blog post? It's so ranting! ...And having more blog posts makes us look like we care~! And have lives~!

    --IBI

    (Also, EJE's Rants About Life should be a thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A devout follower as in OMO on her own gmail account. I thought I'd be recognizable if I signed as ~octopus, seeing as I'm the open-mouthed octopus and everything. But maybe not. I'll be more transparent the next time I comment on our own blog, sorry about the confusion.

    And I agree with IBI that EJE's rants about life should be a thing. It makes us seem more human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, I was afraid of that.

    We need some devout followers.

    --IBI

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH GOOD. HUMANS. YUM.

    I'm like that, I think that people think my rants are stupid because they appear stupid to me after the fact xP

    Rants would be fun to write. I know I could think of about a million things to rant about... Especially right now. Hehehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Child you are odd. I'm sure you will be famous someday but until then...don't quit your job. :)

    P.S. All the nicknames and initials are confusing. But I'd know who is Estonian any day...

    P.P.S. This is K.e.n.d.a.l.l.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up with the song. You should play it for the school when your done (Actually that's a really bad idea. Teenagers that treat Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber as their idols, probably aren't the best music judges). Can't wait.

    -C.C. Chips

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chippy: It's actually just my way to be angry :P I have to find a cure for cancer before I ever do anything with music. That way I'll be rich and someone famous will marry me xP

    -EJE

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Also I don't actually like seriously write songs or any of that crap. It's the product of my sadness, which appears to be anger in the moment.)

    - EJE

    ReplyDelete