19 February 2011

Sam Hart!

I really know very little about Sam Hart. He just isn't famous enough to have easily-found information about himself floating around on the internet. He puts videos of his songs on YouTube. He sings (without autotuning!), he plays guitar and he writes his own songs. It's amazing how that's so special today. Check him out here, playing "Still My Dream".

I first found out about Sam Hart with Clyde. A couple of guys were pressured into playing a song for a small crowd, of which we were a part. After finding a guitar in a closet or a car somewhere, they began playing "Still My Dream". I've been hooked to Sam Hart YouTube playlists ever since. I love all his songs, serious or not so much (You're A Zombie Now). Some seem superficially silly and innocent, but there are always threads of truth weaved throughout.

I'm not the best at explaining music in words, it just doesn't make much since. So, the only solution to this is for you to go to YouTube and search Sam Hart* (You won't be very successful if you look at iTunes; they've only released one of his songs).

~OMO

*Sam Hart posts his videos with the username blinktwice4y.

No comments:

Post a Comment