17 May 2011

COLDPLAYY and other thoughts about the ACL lineup

This is a repost from my blog. Because I think everybody needs to know.

Coldplay is definitely my predominant thought about ACL. If it can even be considered a thought. It's more of an echo. That keeps echoing. Coldplaaayyy..coldplaaaaay....coooooldplaaaaay.

Colldddplaaaay
Coldplay and Kanye West will be the Friday night co-headliners. Coldplay vs. Kanye = easiest choice of my life. Now, before I start oozing over Coldplay again, I'm going to list some of the bands I'm most looking forward to or believe I will look forward to more after listening to more of their music.

In no particular order at all, possibly even a peculiar order:

1. Bright Eyes - Why? Who are Bright Eyes? I'm not the person to ask, I just like their.. Actually, no. This isn't even the band I thought it was. I was writing about the Local Natives, who performed at ACL last year. I like their song Gorilla Manor. The Local Natives' song, that is.

2. Old Crow Medicine Show - I haven't actually listened to them either, but they participated in the Railroad Revival Tour with Mumford and Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, so they have to be cool, right?

3. My Morning Jacket - I will definitely be checking these guys out. I'm Amazed played on the radio frequently a few years ago, and every time I hear it, I'm reminded of the good old days when I still rode horses (before I fell and broke my arm..). I can picture myself listening to it inside my mom's car at Sonic, waiting for my limeaide to be delivered. Oh yes.

4. Alison Krauss and Union Station - I had no idea who Krauss was until she released that famous album, Raising Sands, with Robert Plant, who was the vocalist for Led Zeppelin when he was young. Great album. Gone Gone Gone is a pretty cool song with a friggin hilarious music video. Oh, you funny middle-aged musicians.

5. Cee Lo Green - For one reason only. "Forget" You. Watch it.

6. Iron and Wine - They're lovely. Really. And if anyone has Iron and Wine CDs they'd like to lend me, go ahead, if you know who I am. If not, I'll frequent the library and Half-Price over the summer. Well, I'll do that anyway. Have a beautiful sample here, listen to Naked As We Come.

Samuel Beam, a.k.a. Iron and Wine.

Also (as a sidenote, because I'm not yet a devout listener to any of these bands)~ The Fleet Foxes, Arcade Fire, and Broken Social Scene (a Canadian indie rock band) will be performing as well, not to mention the tens of other bands I haven't mentioned.

These bands are not the extent of my interest, but I am neither willing nor do I have time to write about all of the bands that even remotely appeal to me. So, those are the big highlights in my mind. What do you think?

~ OMO

5 comments:

  1. I love the Forget You video XD

    My parents got 2 3-day passes, but they plan on selling them. I don't think I convince them to keep one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, YOU HAVE A BLOG?! How did I not know? Now I know we all have blogs. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can they sell those tickets?.. ):

    Why yes, I do have a blog. As of February or something? It has very few posts, but that will change this summer.

    ~ OMO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOCAL NATIVES. But Gorilla Manor is their album, not their song.

    -Fly on the Wall
    From AuxCable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, you're right. I believe I was listening to "Wide Eyes" when I looked at the album/artist/song sequence in the wrong order.

    Thanks~
    OMO

    ReplyDelete