17 May 2011

EJE is Cheesy

So I had a HUGE part already written out... and it was deleted. Sucks, right? Yeah. So here is the much less funny version that I had to rewrite in haste as I attempt to finish this blog post so I can do algebra two homework.

I know it may be hard to believe... but I'm a hopeless romantic. Yes, beneath this tough, bad-ass exterior is a girl who dreams of homecoming and her wedding to Rupert Grint and feeling like a princess. The Notebook is one of my favorite movies and I always want the people to get together in the end of movies and books.

So basically, I'm a normal teenage girl.

Isn't he hot? How could you not love him?

But I think my favorite part is what comes along with love: the love songs. Love songs are the best, and think about the amount of balls it takes to write on. It's like, "Hey, I'm going to write you a song (that you may or may not have the same feelings about me that the song expresses) and release it for the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD TO HEAR." I could never do it. Plus, you have to get the feelings into a song that musically sounds good and into lyrics that aren't crap.And that is why I LOVE love songs.

So here is my list of my favorite love songs that make me want to cry or kiss someone. (Click on the song titles for links)


Probs not the best way to start off my playlist, but this song has a special place in my heart. It was on one of the playlists that my gym teacher in elementary school had, so I would run to it all the time. They also played it at Playland Skate Center all the time and Skate World, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE roller skating, so I heard it all the time. It's a terrible song, but it's adorable. (Unfortunately, there is no real music video for it.)

I have to admit - I just recently discovered this song. I had heard it before, but I just found out who it was by. I discovered it after listening to the Ellie Goulding cover, and I realied, "Hey! I've heard this before!" I feel like it should actually be about a child, but I don't think it is. Either way, it's adorable sweet.

While this is a song about friendship, it still warms my heart. It's still a long song, and it's Freddie Mercury.

The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie as a child. I had Ariel dresses, and every time I saw a large rock, I would go sit on it and sing the song where she's sitting on a rock. I would comb my hair with forks. I watched that movie so many times, I could probably sing every lyrics to every song correctly. However, this is the sweetest song. Want to hear a cute story? When I was in 6th grade, I had my first "boyfriend", and my friend decided to dictate "our song" every week. (EVERY FREAKING WEEK. It lasted only about a month, which is good, since we went out for 8.) This was one of them, so of course I hear it now and look back and think, "Wow, 6th and 7th grade... boy, was I ugly." Which warms my heart. So pretty much, this song is cute.

I generally like the Fray, but I'm not like a huge fan. HOWEVER, this song makes me want to get up and dance and smile and go be happy. It's just cute.

This song is so fun. The music video is hilarious. It's a great dance party song. I always get super excited when I listen to it, and it's sweet. Plus, the guy is really cute. Who doesn't love nerds in libraries? I sure do.

Have I ever mentioned I'm a Beyoncé fan? Because I am. Not only is she HOT (she's one of the two celebs I'd pick if I had to chose a celebrity crush of the same gender), but she's an AMAZING singer, and she actually writes (or at least cowrites) most of her songs. Pretty much everything except If I Were A Boy. And this song always makes me smile. What on earth is she doing with Jay-Z? There are so many better people out there.

3. Every Coldplay song ever written. No Joke.
Every time I listen to Coldplay, I get thrown into a nostalgic little slide show in my brain of past memories of friends and people and family and everyone and awesome and sad times. I'm not sure why. DAMMIT, CHRIS MARTIN! But they're just all so... so... yeah. It's mostly X&Y and Parachutes, however, Green Eyes makes me want to cry every time, and it's on A Rush of Blood to the Head, so there's always exceptions. Some of the best ones for emotion are: Green EyesTil Kingdom Come (look, it's at ACL!), Parachutes (my old ringtone), Fix You, and A Message

What kind of cheesy love song list would this be if I didn't include this song? It's a classic. You get rick rolled with it all the time. Personally, I love being rick rolled, it gives me a chance to listen to this song.

This is possibly the cutest song I have ever heard. After I bought it, I listened to it ten times a day for four days straight. I'm not kidding. Currently, it's my 4th most played song at 61 plays (I have over 1700 songs on my iPod, so that's a lot for one song), only beat by two Coldplay songs and one Journey song. It was written for indie artist Mike Lombardo's song writing class when the prompt was "geeky love song". And that's exactly what it is - the cutest and funniest song ever. So GO LISTEN TO IT. The iTunes version is better than the youtube version, but whatevs.

And now, question: If you had to choose a celebrity to date of the same gender, who would it be?

Sincerely,

EJE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, EJE, for expressing why love songs are great. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) now we have ads like, "Make him addicted to you" and "Living well - Hep B free."

    And, as to your question.. Maybe Karen Gillan? Given more time to think and a stack of movies, I may be able to come up with a more original answer, but at the moment Doctor Who is on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHOHOHOH.
    TAYLOR SWIFT!!!ONE!!
    I have my own list of love songs:

    1. love story
    2. Our song
    3. tim mcgraw
    4. sparks fly
    5. beautiful eyes
    6. enchanted
    7. crazier
    8. long live
    9. today was a fairytale
    10. mary's song (oh my my my)

    WHAT?!
    THEY'RE ALL TAYLOR SWIFT?!
    WHAT A CO-INKY-DINK.

    ReplyDelete