09 March 2011

Clyde reviews her beautiful new baby, the Canon Rebel XS

I recently acquired a brand spankin' new camera and I thought I would review it, show you some pictures I took with it and share with you how very much I love it. If you do not enjoy lengthy rants about technology that are verging on love poem-level creepiness, you might want to not read this.


So, first of all: LIGHT. This camera is just meant to make light look amazing. I mean, look at this lovely glow. Did it look like that in real life? Uh, NO.
               

It also makes color look really, really nice.
When the camera is on it's macro setting (It has settings for practically everything...whee!) it can get very close to the subject without blurring. This is awesome because you can take macro shots without using a special lens. 
It's usually set on an automatic shutter speed to make the photos not turn out blurry, but if you put it on manual, you can control the shutter speed and take photos with interesting blurs.
The focus is easy to use, so you can focus on different subjects in your pictures and switch between background/foreground. Huzzah!
 
You can set it on everything from 18mm-55mm, so you can take fish eye shots or wide ones.

So, uh, yeah. Pretty freakin' amazing. I mean, there are things I don't like, like the fact that there are only three light settings: dark, normal, and bright. And...okay, actually that's it. I told you I have an affinity for it that should not be applied to inanimate objects! Oh well, now to go sit in my room, stroking it and growling to myself...

-Clyde

6 comments:

  1. I could sue you for putting a picture of me on your blog, but I'll settle for a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Girrrrrl, that is not you. I do not know what you are talking about.
    -Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIMME YOUR CAMERA NOW!!!! I WANT IT!!!! or at least post a picture of it.... hee hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to your question on my blog:
    THAT^ up there, is the camera I have. And I agree with your review, it is awesome.

    Thanks,
    ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? Cool! Camera buddies!
    -C!yD3
    (that is the new gangster spelling of my name)

    ReplyDelete