28 March 2011

Indie Music... From Sweden?

I love foreign music. Also, because I am SUCH a hipster (BAHAHAHAHAHAHA), I like indie music. And because I'm an even BIGGER hipster (teehee), I like indie music from foreign countries. My latest prey?


After being asked on this website that I read if I liked Swedish underground folk music (after claiming that I liked most genres, and I would like to be challenged so I can discover more music), I went to Wikipedia for musical suggestions. There, I learned of a Mr. José Gonzáles, a folk musician from Sweden that is of Argentinian decent. After wandering around wikipedia for a little while longer, I found "Taken By Tress," the solo project of Victoria Bergsman, former lead singer of The Concretes.

I was very surprised when I went and listened to Taken By Trees because she sings in English, as do most Swedish artists, apparently. Here are two of the songs that I like. They aren't the best lyrics, but I like the style of music and her voice that come from this wonderful country.




You may not like them all that much... but I'm a hipster so I do.

LOVE,

The Swedish Estonian Jumping Elephant

2 comments:

  1. Oh my bejaysus! I LOVE indie/foreign music. This was really interesting, I have heard about Mr. José Gonzáles but I've never actually heard his music. I most definitely will listen to it now.

    <3 Juumbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These songs are soo catchy, thanks for exposing this Swedish music for all of us Americans (and Germans, maybe) to love.

    ~ OMO

    ReplyDelete