06 April 2011

Clyde thinks Feathers is paradise

I, Clyde, completely ADORE vintage stores. They are lovely and unique and I can always find interesting costume-y pieces at them. Vintage clothes always have a story behind them, which just makes them that much better than normal clothes. SO I decided to FEATURE them in my FEATURE. Specifically, Feathers off of South Congress.

If you have never been to Feathers, all I have to say to you is GO. It's on Milton Street right off of South Congress, so it has that special South-Congress-y feel to it without being as crowded as, like, New Bohemia or Goodie Two Shoes on First Thursday. Every room is on a different level, so there's lots of little stairs scattered throughout the building and it has lovely creaky wood floors and always smells AMAZING. All the displays and light fixtures and shelves have been altered in some creative, artistic way and the clothes make me drool a little. So, of course I had to choose it to profile for my story.

I decided to interview the owner, Masha, and have yet to hear back from her, but when I do I will probably be PSYCHED BEYOND CONTROL.

HERE is the Feathers blog, where they post nifty pictures of merchandise and have a section where they put together sample outfits with pieces from the store called What Alex Wore. If you love clothes or costumes or just strange little Austin-y places you should totes check it out!

1 comment:

  1. This place looks cool...I wonder if I can guilt my grandmother into taking me sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete