06 April 2011

Swedish people suck at being interviewed.

So for MY feature story, I decided that I would interview some bands because I like music and couldn't think of anything else. SOOO I emailed Bombay Bicycle Club, one of my favoritest bands, and they were like, "Sure, email us the questions!"

BUT THEN IT ALL CAME CRASHING DOWN.

They would only allow me to ask 10 questions (or actually, their manager would only allow ten). So I was forced to move onto making it into a topic based. So I emailed this band called We Were Promised Jetpacks, who also agreed, but they have yet to get back to me. Even though I gave them a deadline of last Sunday. But whatevs.

So THEN, at a lack of email for Blue October (who I should really look into interviewing at the last moment, since my step dad went to high school with him. I always think that's so cool, and I started freaking out when my step dad showed me that Justin Furstenfeld had friend requested him. Also, he has a funny sophomore yearbook picture. Now I'm rambling. RAMBO! That's my friend's nickname, since she has a superlong last name.) and Stars of Track and Field (the least known band that I thought about contacting, but they opened for Blue October on their tour last year), I emailed Taken By Trees. Taken By Trees is the solo project of Victoria Bergsman, a Swedish singer. I posted a couple of her videos a week or two or three ago.

But guess what she does? TYPES IN ALL CAPS. All the answers were done with the caps lock on. I had to retype it all. But it wasn't too bad.

So yeah, not such a good interviewing experience. HOWEVS, I got some fantabulous quotes from both interviewees and the bands are all cool and suck at giving good background info. But, that can be googled.

So long, loves, and thank you for reading my rant (I need to write another rant about life)!

- EJE

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA but that's stills super cool to interview bands and stuff
    -RAD

    ReplyDelete