30 April 2011

New camera lenses are exciting!

I had the opportunity to shoot a few pictures with the new lens of my dad's camera last weekend. Those flowers were just sitting on the table, tempting me to document their delicacy. I couldn't resist.

This new lens (a Nikon Nikkor 50mm, in case anyone is interested) does not zoom, but it absorbs more light than any of the other lenses we own. It also has a narrow field of focus, therefore blurring any objects surrounding the focal point of the picture to create a nice, softening effect.

There are billions of pictures of flowers floating around, but why not take a few more?






~ OMO

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Your photos are pretty (:

    <3 nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ARE billions of pictures of flowers floating around, but yours are brilliant and unique! That is a fantastic camera lens fo sho and I love how airy and full of light your photos look! Are you going to do a photo essay for your ASF, because I am thinking that should probably happen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :)

    I want to do a photo essay, but I don't know what to focus on (unintentional pun right there)..

    ~ OMO

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOL LOL. Weeeeeeeeeell, I am doing a portrait of the "underbelly" of the city...like taking pictures of bridges and graffiti and train tracks and drainage creeks.

    ReplyDelete