07 April 2011

OMO's fantastically loquacious interviewee

There are some interviews that completely fail at being useful for anything at all because they are really short. Mine was not one of them. In fact, I had a problem on the completely opposite side of the spectrum. It took hours to transcribe the forty-six minute recording of my interview. In addition to that, my interviewee answered most of my questions in her first response, which happened to be quite thorough and elaborate. I was winging it for most of the interview. Not that I'm really complaining. Having this explosion of content will be great when I start writing my feature and will provide me with a broad selection of quotes to choose from. 

I've been talking about "my interviewee" in very broad terms and to this point in the post her identity is unknown. This is because I don't know what to call her profession. Christina went to college for studio art classes, graduated from design school instead, and works with surveyors. She says that she doesn't call herself a designer and what she does doesn't exactly have a title. Essentially, all of this means that I'm not sure what the focus of my story is anymore and that I may a few follow-up questions for her to clarify some  things.

Exhibition of Jean-Michel Folon

~OMO

1 comment:

  1. haha that sounds like fun--i for one didnt have to do very much transcribing, but i feel your pain

    ReplyDelete